First ever blog

I've never thought about blogging before.  If I'm honest, I'm not the most tech-savvy person around.  But I was shown how to do it in work and thought - why not!  I can't imagine that anyone would want to read my blog, but then again I read other people's.

I'm still not entirely sure how to reach the world, but I think I've made it look pretty and so there's something ticked off the list.

My question is 'will I ever make it to the top of my own list?'.  When I was young and single, I was always top of my list.  Then I got married, and I had someone else to put on the list.  I still made it in the top quarter of my list though.  Then I got a more important job, and work things started creeping on the list.  To have separate home and work lists or not?  Can I manage two lists?  I can never manage two bingo cards (eyes down!).  And then came the addition.  My beautiful girl.  She didn't intrude on the list too much when she was a baby - 'buy nappies', 'take baby for jabs', 'sleep when baby is sleeping' (the most hilariously unattainable piece of parenting advise doled out to new mothers), but otherwise she was a list minimalist.  And being the good daytime sleeper that she was, maternity leave brought a new opportunity to achieve the list.  But then eventually I was catapulted into this new world of The Working Mother.  And boy, it's tough out there.

Have you got a to-do list?  What's at the top?  For me, top two places are occupied by 'clean the couches' and 'sort out airing cupboard'.  I'd like to tell you that the next item is 'book mini-break to Paris', but alas not. I won't bore you with the rest of my domestic needs, but you get my point.  Should I set myself a weekly challenge to include something for me in the top five items?  Is that a list item in itself?!  I'm ahead of the game there as I've booked an indulgent post-work spa treatment next week.

On that note, I'm off to tackle some of the things on the list.  Maybe I should start a wish list rather than a to-do list.  And somewhere on it will be 'escape the rat race and find a lovely way to earn a crust by being self-employed'.  Surely that would generate it's own list entirely!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have to contact you...

In which I have no plans for Easter...

Sunny Day